Monday, January 14, 2008

cruising is not for me

Sunday, American Airlines lost our luggage. I was a little panicky. It was delivered to our hotel at 1:00am. We boarded the ship at 1:00 on Monday and set sail around 5:00. I can tell you, that first night was a little rough. I went to bed at 9 because I felt so (excuse me) shitty.

We got to Key West on Tuesday morning around 5:00am. We weren't allowed off the ship until 9:00 and had to be back at 1:00. We wandered around Key West for a while, found a beach and sat there for an hour or so. The Portuguese man of war were all over so swimming wasn't all that great :) We made a stop at Jimmy Buffet's Original Margaritaville (smaller than I thought it would be.) And we were back on the boat to set sail for Cozumel.

Docked in Cozumel at 8am, off the boat at 10am. We rented two jeeps, Bruce (Ben's new step-dad) and I drove because no one else knows how to drive a manual. That was quite an experience. We went beach hopping. I don't know why, but I expected nicer beaches. They were really rocky and wavey- my toes weren't not happy with me by the end of the day. We went boogie boarding and played in the sand. We had to push start the car every time ( just my luck) It was a formal night on the cruise so we had to get all dressed up. I never got the memo from Fran to wear all black... so I looked stupid in an orange while everyone else was in black. Since when does formal mean black? Had I been at any other table I would have been fine. Oh well. I ruined all the pictures that night, even though I looked smokin' hot :)

The next day we were in Belize City, Belize. We went cave tubing and aerial trekking (zip line) through the jungle. That was fun. cold, but fun and then back on the boat at 3. This was by far my worst night on the boat, barfed twice. Our last day we were completely at sea. Boring day. 2500 people captive to the boat. 2500 people trying to fight for chairs to sit in the sun.

I had a good time, but I can say I wouldn't chose to go on a cruise again. I didn't like the timelines and the limited amount of time at our ports of call. I felt like we were in a hurry all the time. That and I don't like waiting in line ALL THE TIME. Plus everynight around 8:00 I'd start feeling sea sick and I was in bed by 11 every night while everyone else was out until 2.Definitely would prefer to do something else next time I go on a caribbean vacation. But I'm glad I went, over all it was a good time.

Now I'm back to the daily grind. Classes start next week. ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment