Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Urn's Wedding Decor Ideas- Pomanders

My theme of this group of pictures is the idea that I think you like. I think it's playful and elegant. If you're looking for DIY websites on how to make these groupings of carnations, use the phrase "pomander." Let me know what you think.


Church Decor:

Simple hanging pomanders. You can hang them over the church pews, or you could put them on a pedestal as a topiary up on the altar. I'm not a huge fan of topiaries unless they are really big.







Reception decor


I saw these giant pomanders and thought they would be pretty and would add simple elegance to the rustic room. You could do single colors, or you could add some variation in the balls. I know the balls floating in the water may be a little out there, but they give you an idea that they wouldn't have to be a single color. You could have a few of them hanging in the reception hall with varying sizes, colors and ribbon lengths.







Tabletop decor


You can use a variety of bowls, pots, vases, etc. to hold the carnations on the table. It seems like one idea doesn't even have a visible pot or vase. I think you'd have to had something underneath it so it doesn't leak all over the table, but it's pretty and a cheaper way to have more than one pomander on each table.Maybe they put the floral foam in a plastic bag and set the bag on the table. I'm intruigued. You could do two small pomanders and then the number or letter for the table. You could do a variety of sizes and colors, one big pomander on the round tables and three small on the rectangle tables. Almost anything is possible, if you have the time to figure it out.







I think this is a cute idea. I used letters, but you could do the same thing with numbers. It looks like they put some sort of wallpaper or wrapping paper on the table letters.








You could add little stripes of green using some plants that have straight, narrow leaves. I think the flowers are pretty enough without the addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment