Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's been a while

Nothing new, nothing that exciting.

Ben and I are trying to set up an appt with a mortgage/lender/realtor to get pre-approved and start looking at houses. FUN! This link is a list that our realtor sent us to get started.

http://matrix.northstarmls.com/Matrix/Public/Email.aspx?c=AAEAAAD*****AQAAAAAAAAARAQAAAE4AAAAGAgAAAAEwCgYDAAAAATEKBgQAAAACODMNEgYFAAAABzQ1MTI5OTINBQYGAAAAAjI1BgcAAAABNA0FBggAAAAEfXNdHQYJAAAAATANKAs)#-1R0

I like #5 and #14

Hopefully by July we'll have a home. WOW!!!

Now, that's a big step. I mean, getting married is one thing. But buying a house- holy moly. It's a big investment and its one of those things i always wanted, but the closer it gets the more frightening it gets. I'm not handy, Ben's not handy, I guess we'd better make some friends that are. I'll pay in pizza and beer. My home will be open to anyone :)

Hopefully I'll have a chance to show people the place in the fall when everyone is visiting for the wedding. I'm excited to paint and decorate. Ben and I don't have furniture. not sure how we're going to get buy with that one. I have more coffee tables than anyone could ever need. But I only have one chair. I guess we'll be looking at craigslist or taking hand me downs from the parents.

I think my older bro and his wifey are going to buy this summer as well. I anticipate a struggle for hand me downs from the family. Uh oh. One upside- we'll be able to live in the place for a couple months before the wedding and know what we really should register for. Colors and all that jazz are hard when you have no idea what you'll be working with. I guess we could always just stick with neutrals to be safe.

Registering is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't like assuming people will buy me things. I've been told I have to register for twice as much stuff as I have guests... WHAT??? that means I have to register for 500 items! I can't think of 500 things we'd need. Unless of course someone is going to buy me one spoon. Well, what the heck! I don't like it. But I don't like presents. So that's that. Anyway. going to the stores and looking at all that stuff is fun, but it's hard to think about it when you add up how much it all costs in the end. After we went to Target to register I felt like I'd just dropped $1000. Hard to imagine people collectively spending that much on me. Yikes. We have to do Crate & Barrel next. I love the store but I'm not a fan of the search. I don't know if I've ever bought anything for myself; only other people's weddings. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. I really really wish I was living in Minnesota right now. Please! Be thankful for those housing prices! That's how much our condo cost :(

    So happy for you that everything is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie! You didn't tell me you had a blog! Well it is now bookmarked on my laptop. Yay!

    Facial toner, huh? I can definitely see that. I'm going to be one hell of a grease ball these next two years! haha If you want to be pen pals, I'd be down with that. Send me a letter, and I'll hit ya back. Or email me your address, and I'll get her going.

    Talk to ya later! :)

    ReplyDelete